Plant A Million Zambia helps companies take ambitious climate action. We are solution generators, strategy planners, and doers all rolled into one. Our solutions provide businesses with an opportunity to measure, reduce and offset their climate impact.
Improving lives: carbon offset / tree planting projects
Our tree planting projects do more than just reduce carbon emissions. They also improve the everyday lives of people in Africa. If you join us, you’ll help support schools and provide income, clean drinking water, nutrition, good health, perspectives, and much more.
As trainee you will be responsible to support the sales of tree planting projects to German/European corporates.
About the job:
A job with purpose: Climate change is one of the most pressing issues facing our modern society. The first symptoms can be experienced now already – hot summers, droughts, floods, polar icecaps melting. You can help us limit global warming.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- You advise clients on credible offsetting strategies based on our Zambian/Africa portfolio and guide them through the various technologies (e.g. nature-based solutions) and standards (e.g. Gold Standard)
- You acquire corporate customers Germany/worldwide from various sectors
- You develop acquisition strategies for offers of CO2-compensation in close coordination with the management You will be responsible for the sales process from the initial contact to personal appointments and the preparation of offers
Required Qualifications / Minimum Requirements:
- Qualifications: You are incredibly passionate about sustainability and climate action
- Certificate or BSc / MSc degree
- We welcome all fields of studies or alternatively relevant apprenticeships
- Track record:
- Ideally, you have already worked in one of our focus industries
- Key skill:
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail is essential.
- You have an affinity for numbers and are comfortable with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- You have a very good command of German and English
Mindset state (soft skills): A passion/enthusiasm for delivering agroforestry products and services and desire to learn the various aspects of the agroforestry ecosystem (intelligent and eager to learn). Resourceful, hardworking, and honest. Professional and friendly character. Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for customer service.
Have any questions?
Feel free to contact Emanuel Chibesakunda (firstname.lastname@example.org), +260 955 555 511)
from Plant A Million Zambia.
Plant A Million Zambia does not and shall not discriminate based on race, colour, faith, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
Offer ended on September 21, 2022